SANATAN DHARMA TEMPLE – LE TEMPLE DE SANATAN RELIGION
6219 to 6225 boulevard Monk, Montreal QC H4E 3H8 Canada
Statement of purposes:
- To advance religion by maintaining and supporting a house of worship with services conducted in accordance with the tenets and doctrines of Sanatan Dharma Hindu faith.
- To preach and advance the teachings of the Sanatan Dharma Hindu faith and the religious tenets, doctrines, observances and culture associated with that faith.
- To do all such things as are incidental or ancillary to the attainment of the above objects.
Statement of activities:
- A worship hall where the symbols/statues of God and the deities according to the beliefs of the followers of Sanatan Dharma(Hindism) was set up in 2013.
- A banquet hall for cooking and catering prasadam(holy food) to the devotees and washrooms for them had also been established in 2013.
- Once a month, the Satya Narayan Puja(worship of God) is being conducted starting from March 2014.
- Religious instructions is being provided to the children by the religious leaders and the priests from time to time.
- Religious and spiritual discussion sessions for all members of the Hindu community is being organized by the Temple and conducted by the religious gurus and experts from inside and outside of Canada from time to time.
- Durga Puja(worship of goddess Durga), Laxmi Puja(worship of goddess Laxmi), Kali Puja(worship of goddess Kali) and Saraswati Puja(worship of goddess Saraswati) are being arranged every year as and when they fall due for the followers of Sanatan Dharma.
- The regular daily Puja(worship and prayer) of God and the deities is being performed by the priest attended by a handful of devotees.
- The various groups of the Hindu community, who are the disciples/followers of different religious gurus such as Ram Thakur, Ram Krishna Paramhangsa Dev, Baba Loknath, Thakur Anukul Chandra, Prabhu Jagatbandhu, Swami Prabhupad or any other such guru, have been organizing separate religious functions in honour of their religious gurus in the Temple on different occasions. However, all members of the Temple are being invited to attend and share the religious and spiritual deliberations of each of those functions.
- Other socio-religious and cultural activities such as the solemnizing of marriage ceremony, marriage anniversary, engagement ceremony, Annaprasan(first day of rice eating by the children), birthday celebration, after-death rituals and such other socio-religious and cultural activities are also being organized in the Temple throughout the year.
- The general, special and annual meetings of the members of the Temple as well as the board meetings of the Corporation(Temple) are being held from time to time to take decisions and make programs for the various activities of the Temple/Corporation.